University District Security – 313-550-2085
POLICE/FIRE/EMERGENCY – 911
Any time a life or property is in danger, you should call 911 immediately. When calling 911, remain calm. The dispatcher will ask you if you need Police, Fire, or EMS, along with the address of the emergency and a description of what is happening. Provide as much information as possible to the dispatcher.
Important Phone Numbers
We maintain a list of important phone numbers here.
University District Patrol
The University District Community Association contracts with a professional security company to provide ongoing patrols of the neighborhood. In addition, the following services are available to all residents during patrol hours:
- A dedicated security number to communicate directly with patrol officers
- Escort service to or from your vehicle
- House checks by a patrol officer if you hear or see something suspicious
- Vacation checks of your house several times a day when you are away.
- Alarm Response
Security patrol services are provided to all residents as one of the Special Assessment District services. These services are funded by the $175 fee paid with our property taxes. These are separate from our UDCA Membership fees.
University District Radio Patrol
The University District Radio Patrol is a group of dedicated UD Residents who patrol the neighborhood throughout the week. Their responsibilities include:
- Keeping an eye on vacant homes
- Reporting and Documenting abandoned vehicles and suspicious activities
- Mapping and reporting crimes to the police department
- Analyzing trends of crimes
- Educating the neighborhood on the prevention of crimes
Safety & Security Blog
The safety and security committee and patrols maintain a blog located here.
Contacting Safety & Security
You may contact us by using our Contact Us page.