Why become a board member?
Because you have the ideas, talent, knowledge, wisdom and energy that our community needs to continue to prosper! Because you know that you cannot be “in it and not of it”. Because you believe that “from those to whom much is given, much is expected”! Because you see things in the University District and say: “We can do better than that!” Because you are looking for specific ways to improve the safety, security and desirability of our community! Because you are ready and eager to do your part! Because you know that together: YES WE CAN! Now is the time to serve your term on the University District Community Association Board of Directors. It’s the perfect place to make a positive difference. Join us and be sure your voice is heard!
UDCA Board Purpose
- Maintain and support neighborhood integrity.
- Promote active partnership and membership
- Coordinate cultural and family events.
- Promote and monitor public improvements.
- Maintain and enforce zoning ordinances and equitable tax assessments related the use of property in the District.
- Facilitate regular communications among the members.One third (5) on the Board members’ terms expire each year. This ensures that stability and consistency on the Board are maintained while assuring the opportunity for an infusion of “new blood”.
The UDCA board is seeking candidates and/or nominations for five board vacancies for the term of 2016 through 2018. Ballots will be distributed to UDCA paid members in November.
To be eligible to run and sit on the board, a resident must be a current paid member of the University District Community Association and remain a paid member throughout the three-year term.
Board members attend a monthly meeting and the semi-annual General Membership meetings, vote on issues, attend UDCA-sponsored social functions, serve on at least one committee and report on activities as required, and represent the Board to the community. Board members are also encouraged to submit articles to the newsletter.
How to Become a Candidate
It’s easy! You may contact us by using our Contact Us page.