The University District is looking forward to its 2022 Home Tour Event. Join us on September 10, 2022, from 10am-6pm, for guided tours inside some of our most beautiful homes with unique historic features including period chandeliers, artisanal crown moldings, impressive fireplaces, original and renovated kitchens and baths, vintage stained glass and Pewabic tile. Buy your tickets now via Eventbrite (http://www.udca.eventbrite.com/) or on the day of the tour at the starting point, All Saints Episcopal Church, 3837 West 7 Mile Road, Detroit, MI 48221
- Assigned to a home on the Tour for a 4-hour shift. Responsibilities include talking about the home, describing its unique features, and managing traffic flow l
- Set-Up @ All Saints Episcopal Church
- Unload and Organize Supplies, Put up signage, Stuff gift tote bags with items
- Registration @ All Saints Episcopal Church
- Check-in people with purchased tickets, give them wristbands, gift bag
- Ticket Sales On Site @ All Saints Episcopal Church
- Handle credit card and cash payments, data entry, provide receipts, refer to Registration
- General Questions/Help @ All Saints Episcopal Church
- Available to answer questions about bathrooms, food, neighborhood, parking, UDCA, etc.
- Outreach to local merchants
- Available to solicit brochure ads and/or other support from merchants around the University District including Livernois, McNichols, Ferndale, etc.
- Shuttle Service Hosts
- Help as needed to direct people to shuttles if they want to use them, answer general questions about the neighborhood
- Clean Up & Wrap Up
- Pack Up Supplies, take down signage, ensure that trash is bagged and placed in containers
Thank You to Dinah Dittman and Lisa Jones for leading the 2022 Home Tour effort.